Dock Removal Overview
What is Dock Removal?
Dock removal is the process of disassembling or removing a boat dock from a lake, river, ocean, or other body of water.
What Problems It Solves:
There are several reasons you may need dock removal:
- Preserving your dock for the winter, when you will not be using the dock.
- Replacing the dock completely.
- Repairing, replacing, or restoring wood or other material.
Images of Dock Removal
Advantages & Disadvantages of Dock Removal
- Removing your dock for Winter can preserve the life span of your dock.
- The removal comes at a cost, whether that is your personal labor or paying a professional.
Costs of Dock Removal
The costs of dock removal can range quite a bit depending on the size of your dock and the water depth involved.
Bid & Buying Solicitation
Get quotes from several local contractors. Ask them if and where they will store your dock.
DIY Solutions for Dock Removal
Depending on the type of dock you have and the location, DIY is entirely possible and even easy!
If you have a floating dock, it’s pretty easy to remove.
Frequently Asked Questions
Generally, it is advised to remove your dock in the winter – especially anywhere where temperatures will fall below freezing. Ice will cause a lot of damage to the structural integrity of your dock.
Find a Dock Removal Contractor Near You
Our team of Marine Construction experts will match you with local contractors.
Tell us about your project and we'll follow up with an email to help you find up to three of the best marine construction contractors for your project.